I have made it to the last day of my blogging challenge. Today is the 25th consecutive day that I’ve written a blog post. It may not sound like much, but it’s the most I’d ever done and I’m feeling pretty good about being able to finish it. I definitely think this has opened up the gates for much more frequent blogs from me. It’s become such a part of my routine to write a blog post I don’t even think about it. I’ve learned a lot about myself as a writer from this challenge. Things I’ve learned from blogging everyday;
- Hangovers ruin everything. I repeat, hangovers ruin everything!! The only days I really really really had to force myself to write were on days I suffered a hangover. Drinking and achieving goals do not mix.
- Writing a blog post doesn’t have to be a big deal.
- I am not proud of every post I’ve written. I actually want to delete some that I wrote on days that I was most likely hungover. But I won’t.
- No matter how much I feel like I don’t have something to say, once I start writing there’s always something that can come out. If we just push ourselves to start anything, the rest will follow. I promise.
- That being said, I think passionate writing produces my best posts and forced writing produces my blah posts.
- Posting everyday has truly strengthened my writing muscle and made me realize my true passion for my blog. If I didn’t have this strong interest and enjoyment for it, I would have never completed the challenge. Interesting way to find out if your heart is in something: ask yourself how you would feel about doing it everyday. Challenge yourself. If it’s a true struggle to complete something a majority of the days, or if you can’t do it everyday at all, maybe it’s not your true calling. Or a it could more of a sporadic hobby instead of a committed venture.
- 25 days goes by in the blink of an eye.
I hope you all enjoyed reading my posts as much as I had enjoyed writing them. Big changes are ahead for me. I’m excited to incorporate the next part of my life to buddha and bananas. I will be sure to continue to share the journey of my story with you here. Tomorrow starts the first day of a new chapter of my life. It’s a weird feeling; like the calm before storm.
Check back for updates on where I’m headed. I will keep in touch.
I chose a St John picture for this post. Just because 🙂