In the spring and summer, I run on smoothies. But in this cold weather there is nothing like delicious oatmeal in the morning. It is easy to get bored of oatmeal if you don’t change it up, but if you get creative the possibilities are endless. 🙂
This healthy apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe has been on repeat for me recently. It is fall in a bowl. Warming, filling, and delicious.
You will need:
1 organic Apple, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup organic oats
1 cup water
¼ cup almond milk (optional)
Cinnamon, to your liking
Pinch of Nutmeg
Handful of raisins
- Heat the coconut oil in a small pot and add the apple pieces
- Mix around so the apple is completely covered with the oil. Add desired amount of cinnamon and pinch of nutmeg. Mix so the spices spread evenly over the apple.
- Let apple sauté over medium heat about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once apple is soft, add water.
- Let water come to a boil. Add in oats and lower heat.
- Cook oats and add more cinnamon or nutmeg if necessary. Stir continuously.
- If the oats are too thick, add more water or almond milk to get desired consistency.
- Top with raisins and serve immediately.
This recipe is super easy and so healthy! It can be modified to your liking by adding peanut butter, blueberries, or nuts. For anyone needing a vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe or gluten free apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe, there you have it! This recipe is for one serving. Just double it if you need to make more. Enjoy!